Your upload internet speed is very important for creating a great broadcast.
Our recommended Upload Speed:
- For Creators: 15 Mbps upload
- For Guests: 10 Mbps upload
How to get faster speeds:
- Connect to the internet using an ethernet cord.
- Move your computer closer to your router/modem.
- Dedicate your internet connection to your event. It's best not to share the connection when you are LIVE.
- Consider changing locations to a stronger internet environment
- Consider contacting your internet service provider to ask about whether you’re eligible for an upgraded modem/router or internet plan - often these can be upgraded/improved at no cost (if you haven’t reviewed the service with your ISP in a while).
- Consider using a mobile internet solution (such as mobile wifi sticks, mobile hotspots, or bonded internet) (see below).
Example mobile internet solution: Mobile HotSpot + Wifi/Ethernet Bonded
What you need for hardware:
- Mobile Hot Spot (mifi) (preferably with ethernet cable)
- Sim Card with data plan for mifi
- Ethernet cable
- Power Source for mifi
- Computer that meets minimum specs
- Power source for computer
- Adapter for ethernet (if computer doesn’t have the input)
- Black Magic Web Presenter for inputting camera
What you need for software:
- Speedify.com - to bond MIFI with WIFI or Ethernet from hotel(s)
- Latest version of Google Chrome
You can then set up speedify to bond the internet connection (wifi or ethernet) from the hotel and the MIFI hot spot spot.
IF you want to be extra safe, you can get an internet stick from a different data provider to bond MIFI + internet stick with a different network (i.e. bond verizon and at&t so it will take the strongest networks)
If you are unable to maintain the recommended upload speed get in touch with us at email@example.com or use the smiling chatbot icon on this page.