Because STAGE TEN mixes video right in your browser, the quality of your broadcast is determined by the power of your computer, the speed of your internet, and following best practices.
Here are the 5 things you can do to ensure a successful broadcast:
1) Make sure your computer and internet meet recommended specifications
- Here are STAGE TEN's recommended specifications. Check to make sure your computer and internet meet those specifications.
2) Use the latest version of Chrome, disable all non-essential Chrome extensions and VPNs
- To ensure you have the latest version of Chrome, click on the three vertical dots at the top right of your Chrome browser, then select Help > About Google Chrome. If an update is available, Chrome will automatically download it.
- Many extensions examine web traffic which can greatly impact performance
- You can remove ad blockers by clicking on the three vertical dots at the top right of your Chrome browser, then select More tools > extensions.
- You can use an incognito browser or create a new Chrome profile for STAGE TEN to avoid all of your current Chrome extensions.
3) Connect to the internet using an ethernet connection and make sure your computer is fully powered and plugged in
- WiFi is susceptible to interference, which can cause issues with live streaming
- Some computers will throttle performance when running on battery
4) Close any non-essential tabs or applications
- Ideally, only the STAGE TEN Studio should be open in Chrome
- If you need another browser tab, open it in a separate Chrome window (not tab)
- Take care to exit any program which uses your webcam (Skype, Zoom, etc)
5) Never cover the STAGE TEN Pro Studio with another tab or application
- STAGE TEN runs in Chrome. Chrome may take away resources from your broadcast if you cover the STAGE TEN Studio tab with another application or Chrome tab. Never fully cover the STAGE TEN Studio tab
- If possible, use a 2nd monitor to run the stage ten studio (so it's never covered)
- Never completely cover the stage ten studio with another tab or application - this can indicate to chrome that you are deprioritizing the studio
6) Bonus tip: Wear headphones if you're appearing in the broadcast
If you're still experiencing poor quality broadcasts, check out our guide on How to Improve the Quality of your Broadcast on STAGE TEN. It covers some more advanced options. Also, don't hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com or using the smiling chat bot icon on this page.