When your audio is slightly off (due to crackle, buzz, etc), it's very difficult to assess the cause. What follows is a list of options you can try to resolve this issue. We've ranked the options from easiest to hardest to complete. We recommend you try each option, then test to see if your audio improves.
If your audio is crackling or sounds like static, try these solutions:
- Try a different audio device. For example, if you are using a USB mic, try a regular audio-jack mic. If you are using a regular mic, try a USB mic. If one mic performs better than another, or all mics provide the same results, that's telling.
- You can check to see if the audio bitrate of all your playback devices is consistent - see this guide
- Ensure that Windows and all audio drivers are up to date. Here's a guide from Microsoft that tells you how.
If your audio is muffled or hollow (especially muffled music) try this solution:
- You can try broadcasting without echo cancellation. This in particular may help with broadcasting music that sounds muffled. Also note that removing echo cancellation may introduce echo into your broadcast (the best way to deal with this is have participants wear headphones).
- You can log into the studio using this link to remove echo cancellation from your local feed(s): https://app.stageten.tv/studi?echoCencellation=false
- If you want to remove a guest's audio filters, send them an invite with the following attached to the end of the current invite link: ?echoCancellation=false
- So if your invite looked like this: https://app.stageten.tv/invites/RkisNds it would now look like this: https://app.stageten.tv/invites/RkisNds?echoCancellation=false