The three most common reasons for a web cam not appearing in STAGE TEN are:
- Chrome permissions
- Mac OS system permissions
- Windows microphone exclusive access permissions
See the instructions below for how to check that you system in configured so that STAGE TEN can access your cam and microphone.
The most common reason for a web cam not showing up or appearing and then disappearing is related to Chrome permissions. For STAGE TEN to access your cam, you must provide permissions. Check that STAGE TEN has permissions by:
- Log into STAGE TEN
- Click the camera icon in the Chrome address bar
- Ensure that the "Continue allowing https://app.stageten.tv to access your camera and microphone" radio button is selected
- Click the "Done" button
- Reload the page
In some conditions, the camera icon will not appear on the right side of the address bar. If you do not see it there:
- Click on the lock icon on the left side of the address bar
- For the Camera setting, select "Allow"
- For the Microphone setting, select "Allow"
- Click the "x" to close the dialog
- Reload the page
System Permissions (MacOS Only)
In more recent versions of Mac OS, permissions for Chrome to access the cam and mic need to be provided at the system level. To check your settings, perform the following steps. The images below may help guide you.
- Selecting > "System Preferences..." to open your system preferences application.
- In the system preferences, select "Security & Privacy".
- Select the Privacy tab at the top.
- On the left, select Camera and ensure the checkbox beside Chrome is selected.
- On the left, select Microphone and ensure the checkbox beside Chrome is selected.
- Reload STAGE TEN in your Chrome browser.
Microphone Exclusive Access (Windows Only)
Windows allows some applications to acquire exclusive access to your microphone that can prevent Chrome from obtaining access. To check that your mic is not setup for exclusive access, perform the following steps. The images below may help guide you.
- Open Windows Settings by selecting the Windows menu in the bottom left and clicking the Settings icon on the left.
- In Settings, click System.
- In the System settings, click Sound on the left.
- In the Sound settings, scroll down to the Sound Control Panel link and click it.
- In the Sound Control Panel, select the Recording tab at the top.
- Select the Microphone you would like to use in STAGE TEN, and click the Properties button.
- In the Properties, select the Advanced tab and ensure the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" is deselected.
- Click OK to save your change and then close the windows.
- Reload STAGE TEN in your Chrome browsers.