Since STAGE TEN runs in Chrome and Chrome is unable to capture system sounds, a third-party application is required to include system audio in your broadcast.
1. Install iShowU Audio Capture
iShowU Audio Capture allows you to use your system sounds as a mic input to STAGE TEN.
2. Set iShowU as Your Output Device
To capture the sound from your system, you need to send your system sounds to the iShowU Audio Capture output device.
- Open "System Preferences"
- Click "Sound" and go to the "Output" tab
- Select the "iShowU Audio Capture" device
Alternatively, if the Sound control is shown in your menu bar, you can select the "iShowU Audio Capture" device from there.
3. Setup STAGE TEN Screen Share
When sharing your screen from within STAGE TEN, you can use the iShowU output as your sound source. By doing this, your system sounds will be broadcast with your screen share.
- Click “Add or Invite Feeds”
- Click “Share your screen”
- Select the screen, application, or tab to share and click "Share"
- For the audio source, select “iShowU Audio Capture”
- Click “Done”
Note: If you are screen sharing as a participant from the STAGE TEN Connect interface using iShowU Audio Capture, be sure to mute audio in the Connect interface. This will prevent sounds from feeding back through Connect into the broadcast.
4. Check Your Mac OS Audio Settings
Lastly, it is a good idea to check that your output device sample rates are set to be compatible with STAGE TEN.