Prior to following the steps before, check your system and internet against the STAGE TEN requirements:
STAGE TEN System & Internet Connection Requirements
STAGE TEN uses WebRTC technology within Chrome. If you are experiencing performance issues, follow these steps to help improve the quality of your broadcast.
- Ensure you are running the latest version of Chrome
• Select Chrome -> Help -> About Google Chrome
• If an update is available, Chrome will automatically download it
- Disable all non-essential Chrome extensions
• Many extensions examine web traffic which can greatly impact performance
• Disable or remove extensions from Chrome -> More Tools -> Extensions
• We recommend creating a new Chrome profile for STAGE TEN
- Use a wired Ethernet connection
• WiFi is susceptible to interference, which can cause issues with live streaming
- Quit any software and close any browser tabs that are not needed for streaming
• Ideally, only STAGE TEN Studio should be open in Chrome
• If you need other browser tabs, open them in a separate window
• Do not fully cover the STAGE TEN Studio tab
- If possible, set your camera to 1280x720 resolution
• STAGE TEN outputs 720p video
• Other resolutions will use additional CPU to convert the video to 720p
• Recommended Settings:
• Resolution: 1280x720
• Frame rate: 30 FPS
• Quality: Medium, or about 80% (depending on your control)
- If your computer has both an integrated and discrete GPU, configure Chrome to always use the discrete GPU
• On Mac OS, disable automatic graphics switching (see 2nd last paragraph)
• On Windows, if you have an Nvidia GPU, use the Nvidia Control Panel
- Check the Chrome “Use hardware acceleration when available” setting
• Go to Chrome Menu -> Settings
• Scroll to the bottom and click "Show advanced settings..."
• Scroll down further to the "System" section
If the setting is already enabled, try experimenting with the setting off. In some rare cases, a video card driver can cause problems; using software to process the video can avoid a hardware issue.
If you are still experiencing issues, you may require a computer with a discrete video card for using STAGE TEN for high quality live streaming.