YouTube offers two types of live streaming:
- Live Stream Now which lets you go live immediately
- YouTube Live Events which let you go live at a scheduled time
Live Stream Now
When you Live Stream Now, YouTube has set default values for you for stream title, description, category, and most importantly, privacy (change this to PUBLIC if you want subscribers to see your live broadcast).
You can adjust these defaults at https://www.youtube.com/live_dashboard under BASIC INFO. Make sure the status bar at the top of the page reads 'all changes saved' after making adjustments.
These default values will apply every time you live stream now on YouTube.
You can start and stop your YouTube Live Stream Now broadcast from the STAGE TEN Studio under DESTINATIONS using 'Stream Now' toggle:
You can get the link to your broadcast here (or if it's set to Public, can find the link on your YouTube channel):
YouTube Live Events
There are multiple ways to set up your YouTube Live Event on YouTube, we find the following method the easiest:
1 Go to youtube.com
2. Click the camera icon and select 'go live'
3. Click New Stream, set your Stream Details, and click Create Stream (Note: After you create your stream, you can ignore the Stream Preview that appears)
4. The next time you log into, or reload the STAGE TEN Studio, your new YouTube Live Event will appear in your list of DESTINATIONS
5. When you are ready to broadcast, you can start and stop your YouTube Live Event broadcast from the STAGE TEN Studio under DESTINATIONS using this toggle:
- You can start a YouTube Live Event at any time, before or after your scheduled time of broadcast.
- Once you broadcast to your YouTube Live Event, it cannot be used again (you'll have to create a new one).
6. You can get the link to your broadcast here (or if it's set to Public, can find the link on your YouTube channel):